Sporting Insights is Tennis Europe's research partner
Tennis Europe has just published the fifth edition of the European Tennis Report, which reveals positive trends in participation, affiliation, facilities, and performance across the region.
The data was aggregated and analysed by Sporting Insights on behalf of Tennis Europe and is based on submissions from 48 Tennis Federations across Europe.
The report’s highlights include the news that:
- European participation rates are up by 4.6%
- Tournament numbers have bounced back strongly since the pandemic
- Club membership has increased by 6.6% to 5.7 million
- More tennis clubs exist in Europe than at any time since 2009
- 5 nations – France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy & Spain – account for 75% of all European players
- 8,000 newly qualified coaches are working in the sport since 2018
Intended for the tennis industry, manufacturers, market analysts, students and anyone with an interest in the sport, the unique report provides comprehensive statistical analysis from Tennis Europe’s 48 active member nations and of Europe as a whole. Each national profile contains details of the national federation, its key staff and contact details plus player statistics (recreational, licensed, professional and club members), numbers of clubs, courts, coaches, international tournaments and further analysis.
The 88-page report is available to read online free-of-charge and includes Sporting Insights’ contextual analysis on the state of tennis. It is accompanied by an online dashboard which provides a wealth of the key data in graphical form. The dashboard was also created by Sporting Insights, taking advantage of the company’s recent acquisition of visualisation specialist Culture of Insight.